Working at BARC is an incredible and fulfilling experience, please take a moment to review our open positions.
Return application to BARC by email, fax (661-834-1890) or visit our office at
2240 S. Union Avenue.
(1 block North of White Lane)
If you have any questions, please call 834-2272 and ask for our Human Resources Department.
|| Job Description
|SUPPORTED LIVING TRAINER
Under the direction of the SLS Program Manager will be responsible for the clients assigned to the Program. You will assess, evaluate and develop a program plan for individuals with developmental disabilities who live independently in the community and will provide training and assistance as needed in the areas of independent living.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver License with acceptable DMV record and proof of liability insurance
- Must have reliable transportation to get to assignments and transport clients to appointments
- Must pass criminal background check
- Current T.B. Clearance
- CPR-First Aid certification is desirable
- Ability to relate to developmentally disabled adults preferably demonstrated through previous work or volunteer experience desirable
- Be able to write case notes and incident reports and maintain confidentiality
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a needs assessment on each client
- Develop a program plan for each client and record/maintain required documentation
- Provide instruction/training to clients in the areas of need based assessment. Provide assistance to clients
- Develop appropriate community networking to facilitate client training in the community
- Will provide and/or secure counseling as needed for clients
- Attend all required client, staff and other meetings and trainings as deemed necessary
- Full time position with health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick, and paid holidays
- $11.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer