Protecting our privacy and our identity has become a priority for individuals and businesses alike. The BARC Document Destruction Department places a premium on your piece of mind by providing secure document destruction service for a reasonable price with excellent customer service.
For more information on our services and prices, please contact our Sales Representative, Bill Casey at 661-487-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Document Destruction Manager, Andres Lopez at 661-834-2272 ext. 290 or email@example.com
Shredding is the most cost effective and secure solution to meet record destruction requirements. In addition to resting easy about the fate of sensitive material once it’s been shredded, it is recycled offering an environmentally responsible solution for record protection management.
Basically, any information that shouldn’t fall into the wrong hands and leave a company vulnerable should be shredded on a regular, ongoing basis. And don’t be concerned if information isn’t just paper. BARC can destroy virtually all types of documents turning computer disks, tapes, microfilm, microfiche, x-rays, foam core and more into unrecognizable waste in a matter of minutes.
Why choose BARC Document Destruction?
- BARC is AAA Certified by the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID)
- All BARC employees are drug tested and must pass a criminal background check
- BARC maintains a $3 million liability insurance policy
- Pulverizing is more secure than shredding
- Pulverized documents cannot be reconstructed, but CAN be recycled
- Certificate of Destruction is provided
- BARC personnel wear a photo identification badge and uniform so they can be easily and positively identified. There is no need to worry about unauthorized personnel picking up your materials.
- BARC is the only AAA rated service for secure document destruction in Kern County. This certification, determined by the National Association of Information Destruction (NAID), requires that BARC complete a rigid, 26-step analysis of its security. The BARC facility and mobile shredder were inspected and rated by the Pinkerton Investigative Service, an independent inspection agency. To learn more about this process, visit the NAID web site.
Why should you shred documents?
- To protect your personal and business identity.
- To protect your customers’ personal information.
- To prevent competitors from gaining an unfair advantage by using information carelessly discarded.
- To stay within the parameters of state laws: According to the California Civil Code Section 1798.81: “A business shall take all reasonable steps to destroy, or arrange for the destruction of a customer’s records within its custody or control containing personal information which is no longer to be retained by the business by (1) shredding, (2) erasing, or (3) otherwise modifying the personal information in those records to make it unreadable or undecipherable through any means.”
- To stay within the parameters of federal laws: In 1974, the federal government enacted the Federal Privacy Act to protect the privacy of individuals and businesses. All agencies of the government as well as the private sector can be held liable if any personal information is released to unauthorized individuals. In addition, in 2001 the government implemented HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which recognizes a class of documents as protected health information and has created standards for security and privacy of that information.
What documents should be shredded?
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Confidential financial information
- Business correspondence
- Drafts of contracts
- Obsolete contracts
- Obsolete personnel records
- Arbitration/grievance files
- Job applications
- Insurance forms and records
- Medical records
- Legal documents
- Payroll records
- Classified documents
- Customer or client lists
- Client/customer records
- Obsolete negotiable documents (bearer bonds, coupons, etc.)
Which Service is right for you?
BARC can design the right program for any shredding needs. BARC shredding services are available throughout the greater Bakersfield area with no transportation fees.
Mobile Shredding (On Site) – BARC provides a locked cart that can hold up to 200 pounds for collection of materials. Or, companies can choose a specially designed office console that holds up to 100 pounds. These smaller units are attractive enough to be left in high visibility areas. Either way, the company always has the keys to control access.
The Mobile Shredding Truck will be scheduled to come to the business and BARC’s crews will collect the carts and shred the contents before leaving the business.
Plant Shredding (Off Site) – Works the same as mobile shredding, except the secured documents are taken back to BARC’s facility for shredding. BARC still provides a locked cart that can hold up to 200 pounds for collection of materials or a specially designed office console that holds up to 100 pounds that are attractive enough to be left in high visibility areas. The company still always has the keys to control access.
Bonded, insured and uniformed BARC employees make scheduled regular pickups. They will remove the filled consoles or carts and replace them with empty containers. The materials to be destroyed are transported in a fully secured vehicle to BARC’s high-security facility that is equipped with 24-hour video monitoring and alarm surveillance.
Every invoice includes a Certificate of Destruction. Invoicing is scheduled for monthly payment, based on the pounds shredded or any other criteria specified.
Customer Drop Off – Documents can also be dropped off at BARC’s facility for cost-effective, secure shredding. Materials can be dropped off between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Payment is required at the time of drop off and every invoice includes a Certificate of Destruction. BARC accepts cash, VISA, MasterCard, and business or personal checks.
Purge Jobs – For large or small purge jobs, BARC can schedule a crew to remove file boxes from any facility and either securely shred them on site or transport them to BARC’s facility for cost-effective and secure shredding.